- The Basics
- Starting gravity = 1.050; final gravity = 1.016; abv = 4.5%; estimated IBU = 30
- Coffee and a hint of chocolate. Nice.
- Creamy, tan-colored head, very persistent. Dark brown beer with good clarity.
- Chocolate, coffee; some maltiness behind it. Finish a little more bitter than perhaps I like.
- Carbonation is good, but body is pretty weak.
- Would I brew this again?
- Probably not in this form; it's a good enough beer (and the aroma absolutely nails what I love in a porter), but the body is too thin, which really detracts from the overall beer. For the next iteration, I would probably add a bit more carapils and crystal malt, as well as perhaps some flaked oats.
- Overall rating:
Friday, May 8, 2015
Beer Tasting: Live Long & Porter
Live Long & Porter.