- The Basics
- Starting gravity = 1.047; final gravity = 1.010; abv = 4.8%. Estimated IBU = 38
- Crisp and hoppy, as expected for a dry-hopped beer. A touch citrusy.
- Clear, rich golden hue; off-white head with fine bubbles and excellent persistance.
- Hop-forward, only a hint of maltiness. Smooth bitterness on the finish.
- A touch thin (but not overly so); excellent carbonation for the style
- Would I brew this again?
- I think so, but with a little modification. My mash temperature seems to have been about right, but perhaps a little carapils would help with body. I am pretty pleased with how the first wort hopping seems to have created a smooth bitterness for the beer. The aroma is also just about perfect!
- Overall rating
Friday, May 8, 2015
Beer Tasting: Lab Bench Pale Ale
Lab Bench Pale Ale has turned into a pretty nice brew; I did a formal tasting at the end of April (as well as a run-through with my homebrew club). Results are below.