|Smushing the raspberries for syrup|
- 12 oz. package frozen raspberries (3 cups)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups water
- I combined all of the ingredients in a small saucepan, and stirred occasionally while I brought the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture boiled, I let it sit for about 45 minutes.
- I pureed the mixture with a immersion blender, and then strained it through a fine-mesh colander to remove the seeds.
- Finally, I transferred everything to a bottle. It made a little less than 1 liter of syrup.
The syrup is just about the right consistency to mix easily with my Berliner Weisse. The results are quite tasty!