Sunday, November 29, 2015

Raspberry Syrup

Smushing the raspberries for syrup
Now that my Berliner Weisse is carbonating, I wanted to have some syrup on-hand for the first taste. Raspberry syrup seemed like a good first one, so I grabbed a pack of Trader Joe's frozen raspberries. The recipe I'm using is from a recent issue of BYO, very slightly modified.

Raspberry Syrup
  • 12 oz. package frozen raspberries (3 cups)
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 cups water
Procedure
  • I combined all of the ingredients in a small saucepan, and stirred occasionally while I brought the mixture to a boil.
  • Once the mixture boiled, I let it sit for about 45 minutes.
  • I pureed the mixture with a immersion blender, and then strained it through a fine-mesh colander to remove the seeds.
  • Finally, I transferred everything to a bottle. It made a little less than 1 liter of syrup.
The syrup is just about the right consistency to mix easily with my Berliner Weisse. The results are quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment