Gondwana Pale Ale 1.1
- This beer had been dry hopping for 12 days. It had a final gravity of 1.011, which works out to 4.7% abv.
- I filled two mini-kegs, which were each primed with 1.5 tbs. of corn sugar. The remaining beer, totaling 1.9 gallons, was bottled and carbonated with 1.65 oz. of corn sugar to reach a target carbonation of 2.5 volumes.
- Total yield was 2 5-L kegs, 4 22-oz. bottles, 2 18-oz. bottles, and 8 12-oz. bottles.
- This beer promises to be really nice -- a pretty clean flavor and just the Citra hops aroma I was aiming for.
Vaalbara Session IPA
- After six days in the primary fermenter, I transferred the beer over to a secondary fermenter.
- I racked the beer directly onto ~1.75 oz. of Cascade hops pellets, with approximately 3.75 gallons transferred. The carboy went into my temp-controlled fermenting freezer, set to 66°.
- At the moment, the beer is fairly clear and perhaps a little green in flavor, but there is nothing "off" for flavors relative to what a beer should have at this point in fermentation. Gravity is 1.015, down from 1.045, which calculates to 3.9% abv. I will not be surprised if the gravity drops another point or two in the next two weeks before bottling.