Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mt. Baldy Bitter Bottled

After a week, the s.g. for the Mt. Baldy Bitter was 1.007 at 60° (corrected from 1.006 at 70°), down from 1.035. This works out to 3.7% abv, right about at my estimated target of 3.6% (and well within expected measurement error, I presume).

I added 3/4 cup of priming sugar boiled in 2 cups of water, and then bottled. It worked out to 41 12-oz. bottles and 4 22-oz. bottles. Now they're carbonating and bottle conditioning; I expect to try the first next weekend. The overall flavor in the uncarbonated beer is light and slightly bitter, but so far I don't get the sense of a lot of "body" in this one. That well may change after some conditioning; if it doesn't, I'll probably add some carapils or a similar grain in the next iteration.

45 bottles of Mt. Baldy Bitter

No comments:

Post a Comment