- 5 oz. carapils malt
- 5 oz. 20 degree crystal malt
- 6 lbs. BrewMaster golden light dried malt extract
- 1.5 oz. whole Saaz hops (bittering)
- 0.5 oz. whole Saaz hops (aroma)
- 1 packet Windsor Ale dry yeast
Starting gravity was 1.050, or 6 percent potential alcohol. The Windsor yeast strain is supposed to ferment to a lower alcohol content, so maybe I'll get around 4-4.5 percent in the end. The wort is a nice golden color right now, and the beer should be quite pretty by the time it's finished. I put the brew in the primary fermenter on Saturday, February 6, and by the next day it had already started bubbling along. Can't wait!